- Our Center
- Hair Restoration
- Before & Afters
Hair Specialist La Jolla, Hair Restoration San Diego, La Jolla Hair Restoration, Hair Transplant San Diego
La Jolla Hair MD
Hair loss can be a stressful and embarrassing condition for many men and women. If you have thinning hair or baldness, you have choices: you can ignore it, accept it, or look for a solution. The hair specialists at La Jolla Hair MD are here for you, with support and effective treatments based on medical science, including the latest in hair restoration treatment, NeoGraft. We can thicken your hair density at the crown of your head and fill a receding hairline and thinning eyebrows.
Attractive hair transplant results that look natural require the precision and aesthetic eye of a hair specialist. Our doctors personally plan and oversees every hair replacement procedure performed.
When it comes to hair loss solutions, your outcome depends on choosing a doctor with the right credentials, training, and experience. It's important to understand, there is no medically recognized training required to perform hair restoration surgery. So, while many types of doctors may offer hair transplants, only plastic surgeons are specifically trained and qualified in aesthetic surgery of the entire body. The director of our center, Dr. Richard Chaffoo, is a plastic surgeon with nearly 30 years of experience performing aesthetic surgery, including hair restoration. During that time, he has developed:
- Unparalleled training in aesthetic surgery that focuses on the face, hairline, and scalp.
- Experience in the surgical management of all aspects of hair and scalp reconstruction and repair.
- The ability to perform the most complex procedures to treat even the most difficult scalp and hair defects resulting from burns, cancer, trauma, congenital and acquired disorders such as hair loss.
- An understanding of the aesthetics of natural hairline design including an eye for choosing the number of follicles placed in each graft and the orientation of the transplanted hair.
- A grasp of the most cutting edge, minimally invasive, automated hair replacement method, NeoGraft, which can guarantee that more hair follicles survive the transplant without a linear scar.
While Dr. Chaffoo meets with every patient who visits us for a consultation, he partners with board-certified dermatologist Dr. Susan Stuart who is specifically trained and experienced in diagnosing and treating all medical causes of hair loss. Our center is unique as we are able to diagnose and treat both medical and surgical hair loss.
Dr. Chaffoo oversees every hair transplant procedure performed at our center. Because these procedures involve intricate, time-consuming microsurgery, Dr. Chaffoo is supported by our world-class, highly trained and experienced hair surgery team. Respected by their peers, our team members have been invited to international workshops and trained other technicians and hair specialists around the country. To ensure safety, comfort, and impressive results, our team focuses on caring for a single hair transplant surgery patient each day.
La Jolla Hair MD is the first hair restoration center in the U.S. operated under the direction of a triple board-certified plastic surgeon and a board-certified dermatologist, providing patients the gold standard of care in hair replacement surgery. To find out about your options, request a consultation with our hair specialist or call our La Jolla office at (844) 567 4247.
NeoGraft on the Rachael Ray Show
NeoGraft Hair Restoration Animation*
NeoGraft One Year Later*